A psalm. For giving grateful praise.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
1. Everyone, Make Some __________________!
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. 2 Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Psalm 100:1, 2 NIV
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!
Psalm 100:1, 2 ESV
When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!” “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
Luke 19:37-40 NIV
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.
Acts 16:25, 26 NIV
Additional Scriptures: Revelation 5:9-14; Habakkuk 2:20; 2 Chronicles 20
2. Be Clear about Who You ________________!
Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Psalm 100:3 NIV
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:5 NIV
Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes.
Proverbs 19:2 NLT
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11 NIV
3. Be Already Ready, _________________!
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Psalm 100:2 NIV
Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!
Psalm 100:2 ESV
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 100:4 NIV
I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.
Psalm 145:2-4 NIV
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.
Hebrews 13:15 NIV
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY & REFLECTION
1. Growth Challenge: Read Psalm 100 each day this week. What stood out to you in this past Sunday’s message?
2. Read all the Scriptures presented with each point and discuss the main point/s of the message.
3. Find all 7 of the imperatives (commands) and describe what each of those mean or would look like if you lived them.
4. Why do you think people tend to act somber or more quiet in a worship service?
5. Can you describe a time when your shout for joy was a result of something God had done?
6. How could you use songs and shouts to wage war against the enemy?
7. Habakkuk 2 is about judgment, why do you think God commands silence?
8. How does your knowledge of God affect your worship of God?
9. What have you been doing to increase your knowledge of who God is?
10. List 5 things you are thankful for.
11. How can you praise and thank God for them, today
12. What tools can you use to help you enter worship with a sense of praise and enthusiasm?
13. How can you combat a bad attitude when your week has been really difficult?
14. Do you think God is realistic to ask for praise and worship when you have difficult things in your life that you are struggling with? Why might He still require praise, thanks, and joy?
15. Spend a few moments praising and thanking God, today!
* Chair time = personal time set aside with the Lord in worship/praise, prayer, Bible reading, and calibrating your life before Him.